Please see below for available positions. To apply submit a cover letter and resume to Andi Doane, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arlington EATS is a visionary nonprofit engaging the community in eliminating food insecurity and hunger in Arlington. The heart of Arlington EATS is in our dynamic and committed volunteer workforce. We have hundreds of volunteers that serve in a variety of capacities, some coming one time and others who have served for many years. We are looking for a leader who enjoys empowering neighbors serving neighbors.
Summary of Duties: The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for recruitment, training, appreciation and supervision of the 100+ volunteers that serve in our programs including: the Market, school snack program, vacation and summer lunches, and food closets. A portion of the job will also be working in the programs in order to understand the programs, connect with volunteers on a regular basis, and help maintain the quality of our services.
This will be a full-time position (36 hours) that will entail volunteer coordination as well as working closely with the Program Manager in the operations of programs.
Starting salary will be $40,000-$42,000 with benefits including health insurance, retirement, and paid time off.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage volunteers through recruitment, communication, training, supervision, and appreciation of a diverse group of volunteers.
- Event planning, including recruitment, training, and appreciation events for volunteers.
- Develop volunteer job descriptions and handbook.
- Manage and maintain volunteer scheduling software and address coverage gaps.
- Work with community members to organize food drives, volunteer workdays, and host corporate volunteer events.
- Communicate through a variety of means (i.e. announcements, newsletters, social media, etc) to keep volunteers informed and engaged.
- Communicate with the public around program and volunteer needs.
- Create and facilitate volunteer trainings.
- Correspond with new volunteer inquiries.
- Work with the entire staff team to communicate, collaborate and maintain positive relationships with volunteers, community partners, clients and existing and prospective donors.
- Maintain operational policies and procedures for safe food handling, volunteer management, volunteer safety and customer relations.
- Regularly assess operational capacity, process improvements, and opportunities with the staff team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to work collaboratively with a diverse range of volunteers, donors, and program guests.
- Must have superior time management and organizational skills, be self-directed, and meet deadlines and benchmarks.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Confident and decisive leader with an open, collaborative work ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and social media platforms.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and the ability to lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, must be able to work some early mornings, evenings (at least once a week), and occasional weekends.
- The ideal candidate should have easy access to the Arlington community.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Andi Doane, Executive Director at email@example.com.