The Arlington EATS Market is a safe space for anyone in Arlington who needs food. The Market is open for in-person shopping by appointment only. If you are an Arlington resident in need of food, you can get food once each week. Foods include a variety of fresh produce, meat, dairy and canned and shelf stable food. Please note items will vary each week.
Sign up For In-Person Shopping:
ON THE INTERNET: Sign up for a time each week you want to come shopping. Appointment slots will open as follows: Monday and Tuesday slots by noon on Tuesday and Wednesday slots by noon on Wednesday.
BY PHONE: Call Arlington EATS at (339) 707-6761 and leave a message with your name and phone number, and you will receive a call back on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday afternoons.
Current Market Hours: Mondays 4:30-7:30, Tuesdays 9-12 and Wednesdays 9-12.
Over 60 and need free transportation? Call the Council on Aging: (781)-316-3403
Things to know!
- For most foods there are no limits, you may take what you need for the week.
- No one has to stand in line while inside the Market. Shop anywhere you want in the Market without waiting in line (but give others space so they can feel comfortable).
- In-person shopping will give you access to more specialty items and let you pick your own foods and produce.
- Although appointment slots are 15 minutes apart, you can take all the time you need to shop.
- Please bring your own shopping bags if possible.
- You must wear a face mask while inside the Market.
The goal of our snack program is to support schools in keeping healthy snacks on hand so that no child needs to be hungry during the school day. Snacks are available during the school day for students in all the Arlington Public Schools. Ask your teacher or principal where you can get a snack
Due to the pandemic, we have scaled back our snack program and are encouraging the use of pre-packaged snacks only. We hope to return to snack packing when it is safer. Many schools are soliciting donations of snacks from their community and, when necessary, they can pick up additional snacks from Arlington EATS.
Vacation and Summer Lunch Program
School vacations often mean less food for families. By offering lunches when school is not in session, we strive to decrease food insecurity for families who rely on school meals. We offer lunches when school is not in session over the February and April vacation weeks and six weeks in the summer for Arlington students and their families. Due to the pandemic this program is currently on hold. For those in need, the Arlington Public Schools, with support from the USDA, are supplying lunches for all children who request them. For more information about this program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARLINGTON EATS FRESH BUCKS
Arlington EATS Fresh Bucks provides access to fresh, locally-grown produce, meat, and breads through the Arlington Farmers’ Market. Each week, SNAP or P-EBT card holders can come to the Arlington EATS booth at the Farmers’ Market and receive $15 in Fresh Bucks to be used at any vendor (excluding alcohol) each week.
- To apply for SNAP (formerly known as food stamps), call 781-316-3400, leave a message and a social worker will call you back.
- Any Arlington child, 0-18, can receive delivery of breakfast and lunches by emailing email@example.com
- Visit Project Bread for additional food programs
- Visit Mystic Community Market (open to all)
Located at Walnut Street Center
291 Mystic Avenue
Medford, MA 02155