The Arlington EATS Market is a safe space for anyone in Arlington who needs food. The Market is open for in-person shopping by appointment only. If you are an Arlington resident in need of food, you can get food once each week. Foods include a variety of fresh produce, meat, dairy and canned and shelf stable food. Please note items will vary each week.
Exciting Changes coming to EATS Market
Beginning October 1, we will be returning to in person shopping for most of our guests. We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable shopping experience for everyone. Standard Covid-19 safety protocols are in place, including mask and social distancing requirements.
In person shopping hours (by appointment only) will be:
Mondays 4:30-7:30, Tuesdays 9-12 and Wednesdays 9-12
Guests who are homebound and unable to shop in person may apply to continue to receive home delivery by filling out this form.
Week of September 27th
- In person shopping expands Monday 3-7 & Tuesday 9-12. Come and shop and get a free $40 Star Market/Shaws Gift Card!
- Home Delivery will only be available Wednesday & Thursday.
- This is your last week for home delivery unless you applied for and were accepted into our home delivery program (letters of acceptance will be mailed by Sept 28th)
Week of October 4th
- In person shopping expands/shifts to Monday 4:30-7:30, Tuesday, 9-12 and Wednesday 9-12.
- To place home delivery orders, you must call the hotline: 339-707-6761
We look forward to welcoming you back to EATS Market!
Sign up For In-Person Shopping:
- ON THE INTERNET: Sign up for a time each week you want to come shopping
- BY PHONE: Call Arlington EATS at (339) 707-6761 and leave a message with your name and phone number, and you will receive a call back on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday afternoons.
- Currently the Market will be open on Mondays from 3pm-7pm. We may expand to more days later in the summer.
Over 60 and need free transportation? Call the Council on Aging: (781) 316-3400
Things to know!
- Home delivery will still be available but we encourage you to shop at the Market if you are able.
- For most foods there are no limits, you may take what you need for the week.
- No one has to stand in line while inside the Market. Shop anywhere you want in the Market without waiting in line (but give others space so they can feel comfortable).
- In-person shopping will give you access to more specialty items and let you pick your own foods and produce.
- Although appointment slots are 15 minutes apart, you can take all the time you need to shop.
- Please bring your own shopping bags if possible.
- You must wear a face mask while inside the Market.
For Home Delivery
While in person shopping is encouraged, we will continue to offer home delivery for those people who are not able to shop in person.
- ON THE INTERNET: Fill out a form each week you want delivery
The goal of our snack program is to support schools in keeping healthy snacks on hand so that no child needs to be hungry during the school day. Snacks are available during the school day for students in all the Arlington Public Schools. Ask your teacher or principal where you can get a snack
Due to the pandemic, we have scaled back our snack program and are encouraging the use of pre-packaged snacks only. We hope to return to snack packing when it is safer. Many schools are soliciting donations of snacks from their community and, when necessary, they can pick up additional snacks from Arlington EATS.
Vacation and Summer Lunch Program
School vacations often mean less food for families. By offering lunches when school is not in session, we strive to decrease food insecurity for families who rely on school meals. We offer lunches when school is not in session over the February and April vacation weeks and six weeks in the summer for Arlington students and their families. Due to the pandemic this program is currently on hold. For those in need, the Arlington Public Schools, with support from the USDA, are supplying lunches for all children who request them. For more information about this program, contact email@example.com.
Senior Grocery Program
Seniors, 60+, who qualify based on income can receive free groceries, including pantry staples and fresh produce, once a month at Drake Village. All Arlington Seniors are eligible to participate. To learn more and to sign-up, call the Arlington Council on Aging at 781-316-3400.
ARLINGTON EATS FRESH BUCKS
Arlington EATS Fresh Bucks provides access to fresh, locally-grown produce, meat, and breads through the Arlington Farmers’ Market. Each week, SNAP or P-EBT card holders can come to the Arlington EATS booth at the Farmers’ Market and receive $15 in Fresh Bucks to be used at any vendor (excluding alcohol) each week.
- To apply for SNAP (formerly known as food stamps), call 781-316-3400, leave a message and a social worker will call you back.
- Any Arlington child, 0-18, can receive delivery of breakfast and lunches by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Project Bread for additional food programs
- Visit Mystic Community Market (open to all)
Located at Walnut Street Center
291 Mystic Avenue
Medford, MA 02155