Starting March 30, school lunches will no longer be available for pick-up and the Arlington EATS Market will be temporarily closed to shoppers. This is to ensure the safety of all of our citizens.
Instead, Arlington EATS and the Town of Arlington will be delivering shelf stable food to any Arlington resident in need.
To receive food:
- Call Arlington Food Hotline at (781) 316-3400 or click here
- Please leave a message with your name, address, phone number, family size and you will receive a call back as soon as possible.
- Deliveries will include canned and shelf stable food, and may include prepared meals.
- Please call back when you need another delivery.
Arlington EATS' mission is to eliminate food insecurity by providing nutritious and culturally appropriate food in a respectful and compassionate manner to any Arlington resident in need. All of our services are provided free of charge and are mostly staffed by volunteers, under the supervision of three part-time staff members. Programs are funded through donations and grants.
We offer lunches when school is not in session over the February and April vacation weeks and six weeks in the summer for Arlington students and their families.
If you are looking for community meals in the area, please access the resources below. Arlington EATS is not connected to or partnered with these organizations, but we strive to provide all possible resources to ensure all Arlington residents have food access:
- Neighbors Eating All Together meal is held once a month at St. John’s Episcopal Church located at 74 Pleasant Street, in Arlington, MA. Click here for information.
- Lex Eats Together meal is held every Wednesday from 5:15PM-6:30PM at The Church of Our Redeemer located at 6 Meriam Street, Lexington, MA 02420. For more information click here.